Are your teams aware of the effect that drugs can have on individuals? Do they understand how and when they can help? Drugs have a huge influence on today's society. In 2015/16, around 1 in 12 (8.4%) of adults aged 16 to 59 had taken an illicit drug in the last year, equating to around 2.7 million people (NHS Digital). Are your staff aware of these figures and support they can offer to colleagues, friends and family? People with a lack of awareness are often confused about what to say and what advice and help they can offer.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM DRUG AWARENESS TRAINING?
All staff. Managers could attend separately. An increased awareness helps everyone, with staff becoming more understanding and being able to support and show empathy with the user. It is important to remember that drug use takes many forms and there are different levels of classification, from the recreational cannabis smoker to the addicted heroin addict. We cover all this on our workshop, breaking the taboo of about drug awareness to address associated issues.
HOW YOUR INTERACTIVE DRUG AWARENESS COURSE WORKS
- We discuss your objectives, any known drug issues within your organisation and training areas you'd like covered, then tailor the course to meet your needs.
- With our easy-to-digest knowledge share and exercises, participants show empathy and provide support with drug users.
- Our course delivery is interactive and depending on your needs, includes discussion on known issues and possible scenarios.
OUTCOME FROM YOUR DRUG AWARENESS COURSE
Your delegates will learn to:
- Recall the most commonly used drugs (including legal highs, illegal drugs and alcohol) and understand their legal classification.
- Identify a range of reasons why people use drugs.
- Spot the different signs and patterns of drug use and respond appropriately.
- Recognise the potential impact of substance use both professionally and personally.
- Understand the link between drugs and mental health.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR ORGANISATION FROM DRUG AWARENESS TRAINING:
- Greater understanding of drug use and the number of people affected.
- Empathy and support for those affected by drug use.
- Knowledge of how drugs can affect illness and mental health, and where to get help and advice from.
Head of Training Services
Elite Training European Ltd
3 Parkers Place
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 3290 1473
- For 25 years we've been delivering excellent bespoke business, management and personal development skills training courses to organisations, including businesses, public sector and not for profit across the UK and EMEA.
- Our trainers enhance the learning experience with our high energy, results driven, interactive approach, both in the classroom or through live remote training.
- Experiential learning with business games and training materials help participants acquire essential knowledge and skills through active, self-reflective engagement and enable them to remember the key learning points.
WHY CHOOSE ELITE TRAINING
- Training Courses: Skilled and experienced trainers that develop and understand your needs and deliver enjoyable, tailored and cost-effective in-house training.
- Business Games: Fun and realistic, sold worldwide to use over and over again for quality development.
- Team Building: Injecting training expertise, real-life examples and fun to draw out key learnings.
- Coaching: Results driven executive and business coaching, creating environments where people develop and thrive, improving performance.
- Development Programmes: Tailored and bespoke programmes, developing and inspiring leaders, supporting strategic objectives and business change.
- Apprenticeship Standards: Utilise your apprenticeship levy for Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager and Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor, designed to your unique requirements.
- Your choice of in-person or remote learning and development.
If you are interested in finding out more about our bespoke drug awareness Training skills course for organisations, please fill out the form.
We design and deliver interactive tailored training courses, from one-to-ones, to larger groups, usually in-house, tailored to business' unique requirements. We don’t run open public, online or distance learning courses.
To tailor drug awareness training, please call us on:
Elite Training will not pass your contact details on to any third parties, and will only contact you in relation to your enquiries.