Aggression is an emotion, which can have a negative effect on you and people around who are either directly subject to the aggression or witness to it.
This Course looks at different techniques on how to handle these incidences when they arise, diffuse them and return a damaging relationship to a professionally satisfactory one.
Failing to deal with violence at work or aggression in the workplace results in problems for staff and you have a legal duty to protect your staff from this.
If you or your staff have to deal with people who do not get what they want, you will know how they can soon show their anger and become aggressive. Not getting what they want or simply having to wait are just two reasons why people change from being calm to aggression.
Handling violence and aggression in the workplace is easier when you know what to do. Our course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to deal with these situations.
We train the police, local authorities and companies to effectively deal with aggression in the workplace.
Salespeople, estate agents, planning officers, social workers, benefit officers, receptionists and others who have to meet people are particularly vulnerable. Our Handling Aggression at Work training course covers a number of safety measures they can take.
The knowledge and confidence participants gain on this course, will help reduce any anger and aggression they encounter.
Dealing with angry people is not easy, but knowing what to do and say can save injury and improve customer relations.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
All staff liable to be in contact with difficult, aggressive or violent people.
HANDLING AGGRESSION AND VIOLENCE AT WORK TRAINING COURSE OBJECTIVES
- Appreciate what are acceptable and unacceptable levels of behaviour
- Identify the causes of anger and aggression in the workplace and elsewhere
- Use body language to gain rapport with difficult people
- Apply diffusion techniques
- Use effective conflict resolution techniques
- Practice assertive communication
- Demonstrate attack prevention in the street, reception areas and the office
- Deal with aggression that turns to violence
- Gain advice for estate agents, salespeople, and others on their own
- Draw up an action plan to create policies and procedures to identify and reduce risk
- Feel confident about dealing with anger or aggression in people.
UTILISE YOUR APPRENTICESHIP LEVY
Dealing with difficult people, including handling aggression at work, are Knowledge and Skills within the Operations / Departmental Manager Level 5 apprenticeship standard, Team Leader / Supervisor Level 3 apprenticeship standard and HR Consultant / Partner Level 5 apprenticeship standard, hence when delivered as part of these apprenticeships, you can utilise your apprenticeship levy to cover your Learning and Development (L&D) investment. See our apprenticeship overview for more information on this cost effective way to invest in your organisation's skills handling aggression and violence at work.
Head of Training Services
Elite Training European Ltd
3 Parkers Place
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 3290 1473
- For 25 years we've been delivering excellent bespoke business, management and personal development skills training courses to organisations, including businesses, public sector and not for profit across the UK and EMEA.
- Our trainers enhance the learning experience with our high energy, results driven, interactive approach, both in the classroom or through live remote training.
- Experiential learning with business games and training materials help participants acquire essential knowledge and skills through active, self-reflective engagement and enable them to remember the key learning points.
WHY CHOOSE ELITE TRAINING
- Training Courses: Skilled and experienced trainers that develop and understand your needs and deliver enjoyable, tailored and cost-effective in-house training.
- Business Games: Fun and realistic, sold worldwide to use over and over again for quality development.
- Team Building: Injecting training expertise, real-life examples and fun to draw out key learnings.
- Coaching: Results driven executive and business coaching, creating environments where people develop and thrive, improving performance.
- Development Programmes: Tailored and bespoke programmes, developing and inspiring leaders, supporting strategic objectives and business change.
- Apprenticeship Standards: Utilise your apprenticeship levy for Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager and Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor, designed to your unique requirements.
- Your choice of in-person or remote learning and development.
Testimonials from the Handling Violence and Aggression at Work Training Course
“The tutor was very good – everybody was put at ease. He spent the right amount of time allocated to each section which was discussed without rushing. I can now deal with aggressive situations and know how to talk to customers.” C. Williamson – Suffolk Coastal District Council
“Excellent all – round. I feel much more confident about being able to deal with confrontational situations. All the course was useful – a good balance of practical work and discussion.” C. Pearn – University College for the Creative Arts
“The tutor excellently adopted the course to meet our requirements without boredom or overload. He was personable and knowledgeable. Flexibility was the key and we finished all the material in good time – including the fantastic video.” P. Hall – Harvest Church
If you are interested in finding out more about our bespoke Handling Aggression people skills course for organisations, please fill out the form.
We design and deliver interactive social media courses, from one-to-ones, to larger groups, usually in-house, tailored to business' unique requirements. We don’t run open public, online or distance learning courses.
To tailor Handling Aggression training, please call us on:
Elite Training will not pass your contact details on to any third parties, and will only contact you in relation to your enquiries.