Nurture talent, improve staff retention, inspire staff, hone new skills, provide career direction – The list of benefits for both staff and the business of a successful Mentoring programme are almost limitless.
We will teach the necessary skills to be an outstanding Mentor and/or Mentee plus provide a framework to follow, or encompass yours, ensuring success.
ABOUT YOUR BESPOKE MENTORING COURSE
Our mentoring course will enable you to:
- know the best practice for mentoring
- gain practical guidance on setting up or developing an existing mentoring scheme
- look at long-term career development
- help to improve leadership development and retain key people
- know the pitfalls to avoid
- become a mentor for the first time or develop existing skills
- learn how mentoring differs from coaching and other forms of people development
- learn how to hand the problem or difficulty back to the mentee and encourage them find the solutions.
A mentoring training course will help your business to thrive. Our experienced mentors will give guidance and develop key skills through group discussions, practical exercises, role-play sessions, case studies and action planning.
Our experienced mentors will give guidance and develop key skills through group discussions, practical exercises, role-play sessions, case studies and action planning.
Each participant will receive a workbook of key issues, giving them the framework to build a successful mentoring programme in the workplace.
TYPICAL KEY LEARNING POINTS FROM MENTORING COURSES
- Potential Benefits of Mentoring
- Mentor Qualifications
- The Role of a Mentor
- Mentoring Skills
- Avoiding the Pitfalls
- Mentor versus Manager
- Mentor versus Coach
- The Role of the Mentee
- Mentee Qualifications
- Mentoring Outcomes
- Phases of Mentoring Relationships
- Meeting Suggestions
- The First Meeting
- Between First and Second Meetings
- The Second Meeting
- The Experiential Learning Cycle
- Model Discussions
- Frequent Questions asked by Mentors
- Duration of Mentoring
- End of the relationship
- More than one mentee at a time
- Using The GROW Model
- Outcome Orientation
- Creating SMART Action Plans
- The skills of giving Feedback
- Avoiding Problems
BENEFITS FROM YOUR BESPOKE MENTORING TRAINING COURSE
Based on your unique requirements, as an example, by the end of the mentoring training course participants will be able to:
- appreciate the benefits of mentoring
- understand the role and practice the skills of an effective mentor
- demonstrate the difference between a coach and a mentor
- build rapport and create a development environment
- define preferred learning styles – understand how people learn
- assess individual needs
- avoid barriers to learning
- give appropriate feedback
- handle resistance to constructive criticism
- use effective probing and questioning
- practice reflective listening
- get the trainee to review themselves objectively
- set effective action plans
- develop the performance of individuals
UTILISE YOUR APPRENTICESHIP LEVY
Mentoring is part of the Operations / Departmental Manager Level 5 apprenticeship standard, Team Leader / Supervisor Level 3 apprenticeship standard and Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standard, hence when delivered as part of these apprenticeships, you can utilise your apprenticeship levy to cover your Learning and Development (L&D) investment. See our apprenticeship overview for more information on this cost effective way to invest in your organisation's mentor and mentee skills.
Elite Training European Ltd
3 Parkers Place
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 3290 1473
- For over 25 years we've been delivering excellent bespoke business, management and personal development skills training courses to organisations, including businesses, public sector and not for profit across the UK and EMEA.
- Our trainers enhance the learning experience with our high energy, results driven, interactive approach, both in the classroom or through live remote training.
- Experiential learning with business games and training materials help participants acquire essential knowledge and skills through active, self-reflective engagement and enable them to remember the key learning points.
WHY CHOOSE ELITE TRAINING
- Training Courses: Skilled and experienced trainers that develop and understand your needs and deliver enjoyable, tailored and cost-effective in-house training.
- Business Games: Fun and realistic, sold worldwide to use over and over again for quality development.
- Team Building: Injecting training expertise, real-life examples and fun to draw out key learnings.
- Coaching: Results driven executive and business coaching, creating environments where people develop and thrive, improving performance.
- Development Programmes: Tailored and bespoke programmes, developing and inspiring leaders, supporting strategic objectives and business change.
- Apprenticeship Standards: Utilise your apprenticeship levy for Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager and Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor, designed to your unique requirements.
- Your choice of in-person or remote learning and development.
Testimonials from bespoke Mentoring Course
"Very interesting and informative, step-by-step guide to effective principles and structure." "Enthaustic and engaging trainer." - Ben Adams Architects
"Engaging. Real. Great use of material and content. Really insightful and enjoyable." "The interactive nature was particularly useful." - Crown Commerical Service
If you are interested in finding out more about our bespoke mentoring course for organisations, please fill out the form.
We design and deliver interactive tailored training courses, from one-to-ones, to larger groups, usually in-house, tailored to business' unique requirements. We don’t run open public, online or distance learning courses.
To tailor mentoring training, please call us on:
Elite Training will not pass your contact details on to any third parties, and will only contact you in relation to your enquiries.