The appraisal, when delivered correctly, is widely regarded as one of the most motivational tools in a manager’s armoury. Learn how to maximise that performance improvement opportunity for your staff's benefit with a bespoke performance appraisal training course designed and delivered by Elite Training.
The performance appraisal is important for the employee and the organisation. It can ensure the 'best performance' practices from its employees and promote their future development. However, staff development does not just happen. It takes a conscious and concerted effort on the part of the manager to support and encourage employee initiative. If you have had a performance appraisal you could probably remember a good or bad experience, and this might have nothing to do with your performance!
The appraiser needs to get it right for the sake of the individual and the organisation. It is vital to have an appraisal system which meets the needs of the organisation and the individual. An accurate appraisal will motivate, develop and help establish career paths.
Our appraisal training course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to improve the performance of staff by conducting meaningful performance reviews. The content of the course is tailored to suit the way your company conducts and evaluates your performance appraisal process.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Suitable for team leaders, supervisors, and managers who conduct corporate appraisal and performance review interviews.
Your delegates will learn to:
- Understand the role of the appraisal in overall performance improvement
- Identify the benefits and pitfalls of appraisals
- Establish clear standards of performance: Key result areas and targets
- Gather evidence for the appraisal
- Set out ways of resolving conflicts
- Build rapport and give feedback
- Show effective listening and discussion skills
- Understand the skills required to motivate with constructive criticism
- Establish training needs and set meaningful action plans
- Get the best from your people and appraisal scheme.
SAMPLE APPRAISAL / PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT COURSE CONTENT:
- Staff appraisals’ aim and purpose
- Appraisal system benefits to the appraiser, appraisee and organisation
- Appraisal steps: Prepare, discuss and follow up
- Appraisal roles and responsibilities, including behaviours which help and hinder)
- Appraisal dos and don'ts
- Appraisal outcomes (including skills and discussions)
- The power of questions
- The GROW Model
- SMART Action Plans.
UTILISE YOUR APPRENTICESHIP LEVY
Appraisals and performance management are Knowledge and Skills within the Operations / Departmental Manager Level 5 apprenticeship standard, Team Leader / Supervisor Level 3 apprenticeship standard and HR Consultant / Partner Level 5 apprenticeship standard, hence when delivered as part of these apprenticeships, you can utilise your apprenticeship levy to cover your Learning and Development (L&D) investment. See our apprenticeship overview for more information on this cost effective way to invest in your organisation's performance management and appraisals skills.
Head of Training Services
Elite Training European Ltd
3 Parkers Place
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 3290 1473
- For 25 years we've been delivering excellent bespoke business, management and personal development skills training courses to organisations, including businesses, public sector and not for profit across the UK and EMEA.
- Our trainers enhance the learning experience with our high energy, results driven, interactive approach, both in the classroom or through live remote training.
- Experiential learning with business games and training materials help participants acquire essential knowledge and skills through active, self-reflective engagement and enable them to remember the key learning points.
WHY CHOOSE ELITE TRAINING
- Training Courses: Skilled and experienced trainers that develop and understand your needs and deliver enjoyable, tailored and cost-effective in-house training.
- Business Games: Fun and realistic, sold worldwide to use over and over again for quality development.
- Team Building: Injecting training expertise, real-life examples and fun to draw out key learnings.
- Coaching: Results driven executive and business coaching, creating environments where people develop and thrive, improving performance.
- Development Programmes: Tailored and bespoke programmes, developing and inspiring leaders, supporting strategic objectives and business change.
- Apprenticeship Standards: Utilise your apprenticeship levy for Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager and Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor, designed to your unique requirements.
- Your choice of in-person or remote learning and development.
Testimonials from the Appraisal Course
Trainer: "Well delivered. Enthusiastic. Positive. Inclusive."
Most useful parts: "Content was tailored to needs of participant."
Aspects will apply in work: "All aspects especially ability to coax out objectives from staff." T. Butters – Cepac
Trainer: “Very Interactive, great stories and examples given. Relatable."
Most useful parts: "How to use the SMART GROW and AID tools to performance manage your staff."
Aspects will apply in work: "Performance management tools." Alexie Meade – Enercon
If you are interested in finding out more about our bespoke appraisals course for organisations, please fill out the form.
We design and deliver interactive tailored training courses, from one-to-ones, to larger groups, usually in-house, tailored to business' unique requirements. We don’t run open public, online or distance learning courses.
To tailor appraisals training, please call us on:
Elite Training will not pass your contact details on to any third parties, and will only contact you in relation to your enquiries.